Know the correct way for Graphics Driver Update on Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 operating systems from this write-up below.
The software driver files are undoubtedly the most important set of software programs that aids in the proper flow of communication between the hardware devices connected to the PC and the operating system of the PC.
In this particular article, we are specifically going to discuss the best ways to download graphic card drivers on different versions of Windows operating systems. Both manual and automatic ways to perform graphic driver update are explained in the article below.
The Graphics card drivers are the set of software programs that controls and manages all the graphics components on the computer device. Each and every pixel on the computer screen is created and built by these graphics drivers. When these driver files get outdated or corrupted, it leads to a lot of issues on the user’s PC. Some of the issues caused by outdated graphics drivers are:-
To fix all these issues on Windows operating system PCs, it is advised to perform Graphics Driver Update on the PCs. Below in this article, we have explained the ways on how to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 11, 10, and older versions. The most recommended method to automatically upgrade your graphics drivers is highlighted under the head below.
The most effective and recommended way to download graphic card driver is through a driver updater tool. Windows users are highly recommended to use the Bit Driver Updater tool, which is compatible with all versions of Windows OS and also allows users to update all the faulty and outdated device drivers with one click. The whole procedure to use Bit Driver Updater is explained in the article, you can get the Bit Driver Updater tool from the link below.
Microsoft has recently released the latest version for Windows operating system that is Windows 11. Here one can find the different ways to Update Graphics Drivers on this particular Windows version.
1) First of all, right-click on the Start button from the middle of the screen and select Device Manager.
2) Once the Device Manager is launched on the desktop, search for the Display adapters.
3) Expand that category and right-click the device on which you are encountering issues.
4) Select the Update Driver option from the box.
5) After that on the next screen Search automatically for drivers.
6) The operating system will search for the latest driver updates and install them on the user’s PC.
7) Restart the PC lastly.
1) From the keyboard press the Window logo key and the I key together, to directly open the Windows settings on the PC.
2) In the Updates & Security settings click on the button that states Check for update.
3) When the updates are available click on the Download button to get it on your PC.
4) Once the operating system is updated, the Graphics drivers also get updated on the PC.
In these two ways, one can perform Graphics Driver Update on the Windows 11 operating system PCs. The clear steps for both are explained above.
The manual ways on how to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 11, 10, and older versions are mentioned above. Now let us look at the method for automatically upgrading graphics drivers on Windows OS computer systems.
Below we have discussed the two manual ways to check graphic cards on Windows 10 PC, without the help of any third-party software solution.
1) Launch the Windows run box on your PC by pressing the Window key and the R key.
2) Type devmgmt.msc on the run box and click on OK.
3) Now on the next window double-click on Display adapters devices.
4) Right-click on the Graphics device on which you are facing issues.
5) Choose the Update Driver option from the box that appears on your screen.
6) You will be redirected to another where you need to Search automatically for drivers.
7) Lastly, you need to reboot your computer system.
1) Right-click on the Windows start button and click on Settings.
2) Search for Update & Security and select it.
3) Locate the Check for updates button and press it.
4) The Windows OS will search for all the available updates and notify the users when they are ready to download.
5) After that download and install the latest updates for the Windows OS.
6) You will need to restart your computer device at the end.
When the latest Windows version is installed on the PC, the latest Graphics card drivers also get installed along with this. These two ways are commonly used by users to download graphic card drivers manually on their Windows 10 PC.
Talking about Windows 8, the process of updating Graphics Card drivers is pretty much the same. Here users can perform Graphics Driver Update through the device manager and as well as from the Windows update.
1) Right-click on the Windows start button from the left corner of the screen.
2) From the context menu choose the option that states Device Manager.
3) Once the Device Manager is launched on the PC, search for the Display Adapter device category.
4) Double-click on it to expand it, now right-click on the Graphics Card on the PC.
5) Click on the Update Driver Software option.
6) After that Search automatically for updated driver software.
7) The Windows will search and download the driver file on the device and restart the PC at the end.
1) From the keyboard press the Windows key and the I key together. To launch the Windows settings.
2) Locate Update & Security settings and click on it.
3) From the top of the screen click on the button that says Check for update.
4) Wait until the process is completed and click on the Download now button if any update is available.
5) The Graphics Drivers will be updated along with the Windows update automatically. The steps to update graphic card drivers on Windows 7 and 8 are similar to each other. Now, look at the steps on how to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 and 11 operating systems.
Starting from Windows 7 there are two manual ways to update graphic card drivers on the PC. The first is through the Device Manager application and the second is by running an update program for the Windows OS. Both of these ways are explained here.
1) Click on the Windows search box and type device manager on it.
2) Select the best match from the list.
3) Now expand the display adapters category by pressing the arrow button.
4) Right-click on the problematic Graphics Card and select the Update Driver Software from the box.
5) A new page will appear on the screen, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
6) Restart the PC after the fifth step.
1) Open the start menu on your PC and go to the Control Panel.
2) Now select System and Security and then click on Windows Update.
3) Click on Check for updates and wait for Windows to complete its process.
4) Click on the Download button soon after the Windows OS finds the update.
5) Once you have updated the operating system, the Graphics Card drivers also get updated automatically.
These are the two manual ways to perform Graphics Driver Update on Windows 7 operating system. The ways that are mentioned do not require any third-party application, all the tasks related to downloading graphic card drivers are accomplished within the computer system.
The procedure or method that is recommended to all Windows users for performing Graphics Driver Update is with the help of the best driver updater tool. Many professional experts from all over the world advise using the Bit Driver Updater tool, for resolving all the problems related to device drivers on a Windows PC.
The Bit Driver Updater tool scans the whole computer system and finds out all the faulty and problematic drivers installed on the user’s PC. It also permits users to update all those device drivers with one single click.
Instructions to use and download the Bit Driver Updater in an accurate and proper manner are as follows:-
The Bit Driver Updater enhances the performance of your computer device and improves the user experience while working on the PC. The driver files are the set of crucial software files which are responsible for the proper flow of communication between the hardware devices and the operating systems.
Users have found this method much more effective than other manual methods discussed in the article above. Some users often ask how to check graphic cards on Windows PC, well the answer to this can be found under the head below.
A user can download graphic card drivers simply by visiting the manufacturer’s websites. The OEM websites are the best for downloading and installing the latest version of Graphics Card Drivers.
Some of the well-known OEM websites for Graphics Drivers are mentioned below:-
One can get the latest graphics drivers very easily on these websites. Also, users can check their graphics card for Windows PC effortlessly with the help of these websites. So this is the simple answer to the question of how to check graphic cards on Windows PC.
The conclusion for all the different methods and ways to perform a graphic driver update on Windows operating system PCs is provided under the heading below. All the methods are summarized for a better understanding of the users.
Here is the conclusion for all the methods that are discussed in the above article, and is also the end of this write-up. The Graphics drivers can be updated in a lot of different ways generally categorized as manual method and automatic method.
The manual method changes with the change in the version of the Windows operating system. All the different manual methods to update graphic card drivers are clearly explained in the above article.
Unlike the manual method, the automatic manual is the same for all Windows operating system versions. It includes usage of the Bit Driver Updater software which is the best driver updater tool available to the users over the internet free of cost.
Both manual and automatic methods to perform Graphics Driver Update on a Windows OS computer device are clearly explained in the above write-up. Readers are requested to share their views on the topic in the comments section provided at the end of this article.